When a site that is a target for redevelopment or new ownership and contamination is discovered or previously known to exist, there is usually a need to engage the regulatory agency to determine next steps and ensure acceptable environmental conditions.
Vieau Associates serves as an effective liaison with the regulatory agency in the transition from private assignments to public efforts. This is where voluntary investigation and cleanup services begin.
Our knowledge and experience make the transition as smooth, fast and predictable as possible. Familiarity with regulatory expectations helps all parties establish realistic goals and timelines. The goal is to achieve closure—whether in the form of No Further Action determinations or overcoming hurdles to financing. Throughout the process, we never lose sight of our mission to achieve the client’s objective and bring environmental issues to closure.
Our Voluntary Investigation and Cleanup Services Include:
- Program enrollment applications, regulatory communications and analysis of proposed land use
- Site investigation, risk-based assessment and remedy selection
- Response action plans, construction bidding assistance and cleanup grant or reimbursement applications
- Cleanup project management, construction monitoring and documentation to support liability assurances and financing agreements
- Drafting and implementation of activity & use limitations, operation & maintenance plans and continuing obligations plans