Project Experience What we've done
Honeywell Site Redevelopment
Former gas station on current active 20-acre manufacturing facility
and State Superfund site
Client: Industrial developer
Carving out a 9-acre parcel for purchase to build two new industrial buildings.
- Prepared and implemented all necessary assessment, investigation, risk assessment and response action plan documents to address soil and groundwater impacts from petroleum products and chlorinated solvents.
- Combined prior Superfund investigation and geotechnical data for significant time and cost savings.
- Provided oversight of the remediation contractor retained by the seller. Cleanup included excavation and disposal of 16,000 cubic yards of contaminated soil, synthetic liners for new sewers, and a synthetic and compacted clay liner for a new storm water retention pond.
- Coordinated with the geotechnical and construction testing engineers on excavation monitoring and backfill compaction requirements.
- Obtained No Further Action and related liability assurances, with no engineering controls or restrictive covenants imposed on the new construction or land use.
- Both buildings are constructed, occupied and have no restrictive covenants.