Project Experience What we've done
Dry Cleaner Cleanup
Former dry cleaners site
New office building development
- Completed a Phase I and Phase II assessment and coordinated a geotechnical investigation for a buyer/developer of a vacant former dry cleaners site and discovered a chlorinated solvent release.
- Enrolled the project in the MPCA VIC program to secure regulatory liability assurances and manage cleanup during construction.
- Obtained MPCA approval of a Response Action Plan with provisions for monitoring and disposal of an estimated 1600 tons of impacted soil.
- Negotiated with landfill and MPCA officials to allow the impacted soil to be used as daily cover, reducing disposal fees by 50%.
- The plan included design contingencies for a vapor barrier and venting system for the new building (which included a full basement).
- Working closely with City officials, helped prepare a successful application for nearly $100,000 in public cleanup grant funds.
- Provided cleanup monitoring concurrently with new foundation construction. The new building was completed with no institutional controls.