Project Experience What we've done
Cleanup for Renovation
Vacated Electro-Plating Facility
Client: Industrial business
Property acquisition and reuse
- Vieau Associates was retained by a buyer to review Phase I and Phase II assessments completed by two different firms for the seller.
- Concerns included groundwater impacts from solvents leaking from underground fiberglass-lined concrete vaults used for wastewater treatment.
- Vieau Associates enrolled the property in the MPCA VIC program, obtained No Association Determinations for the buyer and lender, and designed and secured expedited MPCA approval of a Response Action Plan to plug and abandon a leaking secondary containment structure under the vaults.
- Acting as general contractor, Vieau Associates successfully implemented the response actions, working in confined space on an accelerated schedule, concurrent with ongoing building renovation.
- A No Action Determination was obtained from the MPCA.